Monday, March 24, 2014

Structured Sweats



Happy Monday! The weather is brisk, the snow is swirling, the sun is overshadowed by the clouds, and yet today couldn't be a better Monday!

First, I get to wear sweats to work.  TO WORK.  That's right! This weekend and next, I have had the pleasure of working for a pop-up shop of Lululemon for their Warehouse Sale, #March2MN.  It's been stellar.  I have been re-styling some "workout" pieces in my wardrobe to make them more public friendly.  I like the items from their collection that can serve the sweaty workout then transition to a coffee date!


Second, I get to gather with some of my gal pals this evening for a prayer night.  So fun to share life with one another around coffee, laughs, and a few tears.





After being immersed in the world of J.Crew for many moons, you start to think the half tuck is the only way to wear a shirt.  But there is an art to it...still perfecting it myself.  But I like to think it gives the perfect balance to the "just rolled out of bed look" and the "ladies to who lunch."


Just found this little piece of heaven in my sister's get-rid-of pile.  It weighs about 100lbs and therefore it the comfiest and closest thing you will find to taking your bed and comforter with you everywhere.


Like the incredible hulk, this crazy shirt has the ability to transform! The collar can adjust to show off a little personality...  Whether a classic fold-over, an uptight-hipster-straightjacket version, or (as my sister likes to call it) a Christmas-ribbon-candy swirl, this shirt is perfect for any occasion.  And made from athletic tech material, it is comfy, quick drying, and perfect for travel.  So who's with me? I'm ready to hop the next flight to anywhere!



See? The sun came out, my friends! I love flying because then we can be reminded that whether we see the shining rays scattered around town or covered by the gloomy grey sky, the sun always rises.  What joy to remember that!!

So enjoy these last days of bitter cold as we draw near to the cheeriest of seasons and welcome new living things of the Earth!  What's your favorite way to wear sweats? The classic...at the gym as you workout? :)

Cheers,
Alissa

Wearing: Lululemon Lab blouse, Lululemon trousers [similar], Madewell necklace, J.Crew sweater (old), Michael Kors sneakers (gifted from boss)